Well, Winter is almost upon us and we are moving into the Month of November. But, do not despair Fashionistas, listen to Fashion-Mommy and November could be a very stylish month. Here are some events, hints and tips for a very fashionable month.
- Get ready to say goodbye as Topshop comes to the end of an era. Kate Moss‘s last ever Topshop collection is available from 2nd November, and it is truly fabulous. To celebrate the last collection there are a whole range of events going on, both in London and all over the country. On the 1st November, there is a launch party shopping extravaganza in the Oxford Circus flagship store. There will be a cocktail bar and guest dj’s, and the launch of the ranges, which include ‘Kate Iconic’, 10 sell out pieces from previous ranges, and 1 in 50, a range of exclusive pieces. On the 2nd November the collection is launched nationwide. To celebrate this, fashionista’s in London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle and Edinburgh need to look out for Topshop staff giving out special Keys, one lucky person will win the key that will lead to them winning a trunk full of iconic dresses.
- There are a whole host of exhibitions that are worth seeing this November. The fashion Museum in Bath has ‘The Diana Dresses’ exhibition until January. This showcases a collection of 10 dresses belonging to Diana, Princess of Wales, including some worn during royal tours of Australia and New Zealand in the 1983. Another exhibition worth checking out is the Matthew Williamson exhibition on show at Somerset House until January. In the basement of the Topshop – Oxford Circus store, Kate Moss fans can check out the ‘Iconic Kate’ exhibition, featuring a mini retrospective of past pieces and iconic campaign imagery from Kate Moss Topshop collections.
- If you enjoyed fashion’s big night out, Get ready for Vogue fashion’s ‘big night in’ on 1st November. Many on-line designer and high street stores are involved – offering discounts and free gifts for on-line purchases during the night. Topshop customers get the opportunity to purchase 6 pieces from the Kate Moss collection before the collection goes on sale. Check out Vogue.com for other stores/sites involved.
- Quirky goddess Paloma Faith started her UK tour tonight. Check out her amazing voice and personal style at venues all across the country in November. As an added bonus, Eliza Doolittle will be adding the support.
- Beg, steal or borrow tickets to see Sex and the City glamazon Kim Cattrell in Anthony and Cleopatra at the Liverpool Playhouse.(Until November 13th). Alternately, have a Sex in the City 2 night with the launch of the DVD on November 29th.
- Visit a new store. American giant, Forever 21, launches its first UK store in the Birmingham Bullring on November 12th.Amber Le Bon is the face of the store’s UK launch and the collection is looking extremely good! In London, the ancient shopping area of Cheapside is being revamped by ‘One New Change’, a new centre of fabulous stores and bars in the view of St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Check out the new plus size clothing website ‘style 369.com. Clothing ranges in sizes 14-26, featuring Katherine Hamnett, Ruby Rocks and many more cool brands.
- Check out the ‘Couture’ Cafe in West Bromwich’s much maligned but still interesting Arts centre ‘The Public’. Decide whether you like the design or think it could be Mr Blobby’s house whilst enjoying a slice of the amazing Carrot cake.
- Get wrapped up and go see some Fireworks. Guy Fawkes night is the best excuse to show off your new winter coat, drink hot toddys and wave sparklers about. Check your local press for listings of Bonfires in your local area.
- Visit the German Christmas market and get some unusual Christmas presents. The Market held each year in Birmingham is the largest held outside Germany. You can get a fab piece of jewellery, alpine knitwear and cute wooden toys, along with a hot chocolate with Baileys. Starts from 18th November.
- Get ready to start queueing. Lanvin for H&M launches on November 23rd and is sure to be an instant sell out.
- Support a charity. You could do something silly for Children in Need, visit Newlife superstore and get your Christmas party outfit, or have a major sort out of your wardrobe to make room for all those new outfits that you will buy for Christmas. You know you will feel so much better about all that shopping you do every December.
Any more ideas and events – drop fashion-mommy a line and I’ll add them to the site.
- Kate Moss Launches her Final Mainline Collection for Topshop this Autumn/Winter 2010 (prweb.com)
- Kate Moss Repurposes A Bath Mat For Her Final Topshop Collection [Swan Songs] (jezebel.com)
- Shop till you’re dropped… Moss reaches sell-by date (independent.co.uk)
- Last Call | Kate Moss for Topshop (tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Kate Moss to Be Replaced by Topshop Boss’ 19-Year-Old Daughter? (stylelist.com)
- More details on Kate Moss’s future at Topshop (catwalkqueen.tv)
- You: Jewellery designer Kate Moss (earthtimes.org)
- Stock Up Now: Kate Moss To End Topshop Collab (thefrisky.com)
- Kate Moss and Topshop to end deal (bbc.co.uk)
- Why Kate Moss’s Topshop Line Got The Ax [Moss Agonistes] (jezebel.com)
- Kate Moss Scales Back At Topshop, But Is It Because Of Boss’s Daughter, Chloe Green? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Today in Fashion: Kate Moss Doubles Her Salary; Lara Stone “Smizes” (observer.com)
- Topshop Drops Earrings: the Key to Your Fun and Sweet Style (viecouture.com)