The weather outside is frightful, but NEWLIFE is helping to make December sparkling and glittery with lots of Christmas treats. There are online auctions, Charity designer auctions and Sex and the City nights to be enjoyed, starting with an auction of fine wines and spirits at Cuttlestones auctioneer’s in Penkridge on Friday 3rd December.
Newlife has recently been blessed with a plethora of donated designer goods from the likes of Lulu Guinness, Cartier, Prada, Alexander McQueen and Gucci. These have included shoes, handbags, cosmetics and fragrances. There are luxurious Christmas crackers which reveal silver trinkets, and luggage which would retail at several thousand pounds. Some of these items can be found by logging into Newlife’s Ebay auction site at www.newlifecharity.co.uk/eBay. Items are added daily so it is well worth a look.
The rest of these fabulous items are going to be offered in a special Christmas Auction at Cuttlestones Auction House, In Penkridge, Staffordshire on Wednesday 8th December. A famous, (unnamed, TV show will be filming on the day…). You can find full listings of items at www.cuttlestones.co.uk.
For fashionista’s who fancy throwing on their glad rags and enjoying a cocktail as they shop, the Sex and the City 2 night at the Bank bar and grill in Cannock will be just the ticket. The first Sex and the City Night held in September was a great success, raising almost £1,700 to help disabled children. The follow-up event proves to have an even greater lure, with fragrances from the likes of Vera Wang, accessories, dresses, bags and shoes all on other. Items from D&G, DKNY, Roberto Cavalli and many high-end high street branches will be on offer. There are also half priced cocktails, and nibbles for those who build up an appetite when they shop, giving the night a party atmosphere.
The manager of the Bank Bar and Grill Alistair Payne say;-
“The first Sex and the City event was so successful and so many people were enthusiastic about it that we knew they’d want another event – so we’ve decided to put one on in December. This event – Sex and the City 2 – will have the same ‘girlie night’ format as the last event and there’ll be a chance to shop, have a drink, enjoy a bite to eat and socialise all at the same time. A fantastic combination that we hope will raise even more funds than the first event.”
NEWLIFE CEO Sheila Brown says;-
“I think everyone will agree that this was a great night and we’re so pleased that The Bank Bar and Lounge and Alastair Payne have decided to re-run the event. The amount they raised was a fantastic achievement and we are very grateful to everyone involved. We are expecting the next event to help us raise even more money to help disabled children.”
For more information about any of the events check out the Newlife website www.newlifecharity.co.uk
- Today’s drinking event: Sex and the City trivia (timeoutny.com)
- Back to Frank Black Site Hosting Charity Auction Starting December 1st (dreadcentral.com)
- Further controversy over “virtual” charity auction (lookatvietnam.com)
- DVD: Sex and the City 2 (15) (independent.co.uk)
- Beauty Blogger’s Charity Auction to Benefit Doctors Without Borders (agirlsgottaspa.com)
- Lulu Guinness remakes her Fan Clutch in the image of three stylish Brits (purseblog.com)
- Jack White defends Third Man Records eBay auctions (guardian.co.uk)
- After Thanksgiving Online Real Estate Auction – Rowell Auctions, Inc. Announces the Online Auction of 64 Properties Available In 4 States (prweb.com)
- Lulu Guinness’ London Bags and Jewelry Sale (therecessionista.blogspot.com)
- New Penny Auction Website Bumperbid.Com Launches in UK To Offer Guaranteed Pricing and Free Delivery for New and Branded Goods (prweb.com)