The Arcadia department store Outfit launched its new Wednesbury Store on Saturday, with balloons, goodie bags and spot prizes of loaded gift cards for lucky shoppers. Fashion-Mommy went along to have a look at the fabulous new store.
The store, situated on the Gallagher retail park, had opened on December 1st, but had decided to have an official Christmas party on December 11th. With just two shopping weeks until Christmas, it was very busy, with lots of shoppers coming along to take a look at the new store. I was amongst them, and was seriously impressed by what I saw.
For a start, the store is split into two departments. Downstairs is a lady’s shopping haven, with Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Warehouse, Topshop and Miss Selfridge all under the same roof. The store has large collections from each of these stores, including wide ranges of the accessories departments. The mezzanine is home to the menswear, with Burton and Topman being situated upstairs. This means you can send your man off to have a browse upstairs while you do serious damage to the credit card downstairs. Perfect!
I think Christmas is the perfect time to launch a new store because the party clothing is just so pretty with its glitz and glamour. The mannequins in Outfit were beautifully dressed, giving lots of guidance of how to put together the perfect party outfits, whilst the window is a stylish homage to a winter wonderland, complete with snow and snowflakes.
Shoppers received a cute Outfit goodie bag containing the new edition of Marie Claire, chocolate and bottled water, all in a reusable eco shopper. Spot prizes of loaded gift cards were also given out, containing amounts of up to £100 to spend in store.
The staff are friendly, approachable and efficient. They know the collections and are happy to hand out advice, and to point customers in the right direction when looking for something in particular.
Of course, Fashion-Mommy didn’t leave Outfit empty-handed. I love the new Dorothy Perkins collection, which has a 1940’s feel. I selected a pair of navy, wide leg trousers(£30) and a terracotta sheer blouse and camisole (£29.50). I also got a navy blue and silver scarf from the Miss Selfridge section, reduced from £16 to just £5.
I f you haven’t got all your Christmas presents yet, or you’re still in need of a special party outfit, then I would suggest a trip to Outfit. You’re sure to find everything you need.
- Topshop now ‘a global business’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Sir Philip Green’s flagship Topshop closes after protests over his taxes cause mayhem (dailymail.co.uk)
- Topshop Launches Christmas Fashion Film (prweb.com)
- Arcadia annual profits rise 6.4% (bbc.co.uk)
- Retail sales surge ahead (lv.com)
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Your Beloved One (socyberty.com)
- High Street sales jump as shoppers get in before VAT rise (telegraph.co.uk)
- Past Christmas presents. Festive department store posters from the 1920s and 30s (eyemagazine.com)
- Relief for Birmingham as Midland Metro is spare the axe (birminghampost.net)
- J.C. Penney Opens Complete Store Within Facebook (fastcompany.com)