Hurrah – it’s March! Which means Spring will soon be with us. And in celebration of that fact, Fashion-mommy has come up with a list of events, fashion and happenings to make the month ahead as stylish as can be. Follow my lead, and April will be with you before you can say SPRING!
- See the work of a Tony Award winner first hand. The Royal Ballet are performing Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland at the Royal Opera House from 2nd March. Costumes are sure to be fab as they have been designed by Tony Award Winner Bob Crowley.
- Listen to Monica Fernandez talk about her Domestic Glamour exhibition at The Lighthouse Centre on 10th March.
- Enjoy the much-anticipated Harvey Nichols new season Fashion Show in the Mailbox, Birmingham, on the 1st and 2nd of March – expect celebs, champagne and goody bags!
- The Yohji Yamamoto exhibition starts at the V&A from the 12th March. Enjoy the designs and iconic images of a true fashion legend.
- Listen to Jessie J played loudly. The first album was released yesterday and is sure to be a massive Number one hit.
- Enjoy some Vintage!!! Saturday 5th March sees Vintage taking over the Old Library in the Custard Factory, Birmingham, with 40 stores, a vintage tea party and retro hair salon making up the attractions, whilst Sunday 13th March sees the Sutton Coldfield Vintage fayre, which will feature Sally Harper from The Sharper Millinery.
- Grab a piece of fashion history! Kate Middleton’s see thru dress, otherwise known as the dress that won a Prince, Is up for auction, along with some dresses belonging to Diana, Princess of Wales, including the beautiful black revenge dress by Christina Stambolian. Expect the bidding to go as high as £10,000. (www.kerrytaylorauctions.com).
- Embrace your inner Burlesque! Grab tickets for the Hurly Burly show from the 3rd March at the Garrick Theatre, London. This is an all singing/all dancing burlesque show by Kylie stylist William Baker. Alternately, you could take a burlesque workshop at The Public, West Bromwich on the 6th March, with bumps and grinds taught by the Triple M Dance Academy.
- Buy a piece of Vivienne Westwood for Comic Relief. I am not saying you will look like Sienna Miller in your tee, but it is still a pretty cool piece of clothing for a good cause!
- Check out swinging sixties fashions in The Runaway, the latest adaptation for fab writer Martina Cole. Starting on Sky 1 from March 31st.
- Pre Order the book ‘Parisian Chic – A style guide’ by Ines De La Fressange from Amazon.co.uk. Do this on March 3rd to celebrate World Book Day..if you need any excuse!
That’s more than enough inspiration for one month. Enjoy the month of March everyone!