The Cannes film festival is one of the most glittering, stylish events on the film or fashion calendar. Filled to the brim with A-List film stars, wannabe starlets and some of the Worlds most beautiful people, this is an event that brings out the best in star style. Here are some of my favourite looks from this year’s festival.
1. Sarah Jessica Parker in Dolce and Gabbana. This white lace collection has been one of the stars of the Spring/Summer season, and in the glorious surroundings of the French Riveria, it looks cool and fresh. Love the styling of this with acres of necklaces.
2. Diane Kruger. One person whose wardrobe I would love to raid. She looks simply stunning when off duty, and when she is on the red carpet. Love the animal print shoes, and that stunning Calvin Klein dress worn to the Sleeping Beauty premiere with the drama of a slash of red across the lips.
3. Tilda Swinton. I have not always been a fan of Tilda’s dramatic and distinctive style, but lately I have become a fan. She looked amazing in two outfits this week. Her Haider Ackerman midnight blue dress looked stunning on her tall, lean frame, whilst she looked effortlessly chic in Roger Vivier heels at the We Need to Talk About Kevin photocall.
4. Angelina Jolie gave a lesson in daytime dressing in nude shades and Salvatore Ferragamo at the Kung Fu Panda photocall. This looked chic, without trying too hard.
4. Ines De La Fressange. The legendary 1980s Chanel model showed why she should all purchase her book on French style by teaming her beautiful black gown with flat sandals. This is a look that will be copied all over the summer as we team our maxis with thong sandals for hot summer evenings.
5. Uma Thurman and Salma Hayek. Trust Uma to bring vintage style film star glamour to Cannes. I love this dress with its feathered hemline. So beautiful, especially with the flash of turquoise in the ears. Salma also adds her infinite style in strapless Gucci.
6.Fan Bing Bing. One of my favourite dresses from this year. I love this beautiful bird print dress by Bo Kewen from the opening ceremony. Absolutely flawless.
7. Cheryl Cole. Wow! Not always her greatest fan, but think she looks seriously sexy in this Stephane Rolland dress. This is a really great look for Cheryl that shows off her amazing figure to perfection. I also love her hair in this neat style, so much better than the Malibu Barbie mess she sported at US X Factor show.
8. Jane Fonda. I need to say this slowly – this women is 73. Living legend Jane shows that true style is ageless in this dress by Emilio Pucci. She could certainly teach some of the younger stars a thing or two about how to dress!
8.Rachel McAdams. I love this elegant tailored dress by French designer Maxime Simeons. This is another example of a perfect daytime look for Cannes. Great nude shoes too for maximum leg lengthening.
9. Karolina Kurkova in Armani Prive. Stunning midnight blue dress that had a retro 1950s Cannes film festival feel. A glorious nod to the past by Ms K.
10. Emily Browning and Alexa Chung. Both adherents of the less is more school of dressing. I loved Emily’s vintage looking Valentino dress, whilst Alexa just kept it simple and looked a dream.