June promises to be a long, hot scorching month. It happens to be my favourite month of the year (it’s my birthday month!!!) and is officially the start of real summer and the month of the longest day. Here are some events, happenings and ideas to make your month go with a stylish bang!
- Check out a play about a couple of movie legends. Bette and Joan stars Anita Dobson and Greta Scachi as the unforgettable movie Queens Joan Crawford and Bette Davis in a play set during the filming of ‘Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?’ At the Arts theatre until June 25th.
- Discover the new stars of fashion at Graduate Fashion Week, this year sponsored by George, at London’s Earls Court from 5-8th June. (www.gfw.org.uk)
- Get to a fab vintage fair and sort your summer wardrobe out.The Birmingham Pavillions will be hosting a fab vintage fair on June 25th and 26th, with lots of stalls promised and free entry to the event.
- Embrace the festival season. BEG,STEAL OR BORROW tickets to the Isle of Wight festival (June 10-12) which promises to be a riot of 90s retro with Pulp on the bill, or Glastonbury (June 22-26), with Beyoncé bringing her ultra glam style to the fields of mud. If you haven’t got tickets, put on your best Kate Moss garb, grab a Peroni and watch it on the TV.
- Read Monica Ali’s Untold Story, which imagines the events if Princess Diana had lived. (Doubleday £17)
- Set your Sky+ for New Look style the Nation, which begins on Chanel 4 on Saturday June 4th. Nick Grimshaw presents.
- Celebrate Mulberry’s 40th birthday with a fantastic behind the scenes book. Available from Harvey Nichols.
- Go see the Vivienne Westwood shoes exhibition at the Fashion and Textiles Gallery at the Bowes Museum, County Durham from 10th June. See the famous shoes that sent the über diva Naomi Campbell sprawling on the catwalk!
- Get your tickets to the most exciting style event in Birmingham in recent times. Lily Allen and Sarah Owen are launching their new Lucy in Disguise collection in Harvey Nichols, Birmingham on June 8th, with an in-store lauch party from 12-3pm. Tickets are strictly limited, cost £10 each and can be obtained by calling Harvey Nichols on 0121 616 6008.
- Get your Kate Middleton LK Bennett black patent wedges when they are reissued sometime this month. No word on the date just yet, but I rather fancy a pair in red. On your marks, get set..go! Sure to be another Kate related sellout.
Enjoy the Sunshine..see you in July!