Kate, Duchess of Cambridge shows no signs yet of giving up that amazing pre wedding wardrobe. After wearing a great dotted shift dress for a wedding on Saturday that she had previously worn in 2007, Kate showed yesterday why she is happy to live up to the moniker of the thrifty Duchess.
For the celebrations to mark Prince Phillip´s 90th Birthday, Kate chose to wear a beautiful brocade coat that she had previously worn in 2009 to the wedding of Nicholas and Alice Van Cutsem. She paired it with the fabulous Zara dress that she wore when she left Buckingham Palace the day after her wedding, which subsequently sold out everywhere, and also a jaunty deep blue hat.
I think Kate looked fabulous in this outfit, and is showing style savvy in that she is able to adapt her wardrobe in order to make each piece pay its way. There is no reason to ´write-off´perfectly stylish pieces just because they have been worn before, and I think Kate avoids the endless comparisons to Hollywood style icons (a la the Amanda Wakeley dress and Leighton Meester) when she chooses items she already owns. The only comparison that occurs then is with herself. Kate is growing into a true style icon, rather than an outragously splashy clothes horse, something her late mother-in-law was often accused of being.
- Kate Middleton Fashion Watch: Hats Off to the Duchess! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Kate Middleton – the fashion parade continues. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Kate – The Duchess of the High Street. (fashion-mommy.com)
- The Kate dresses (fashion-mommy.com)
- Duchess of Cambridge’s Reiss dress going for £600 on eBay – Telegraph (fashion-mommy.com)