Kate has apparently ordered 5 hats from famous milliners Lock & Co. These are from the Sylvia Fletcher Hat-a-Porter range, the same range that rather fabulous black hat came from.
The trooping the colour hat was called ´Lion Tamer´ and was also designed by Sylvia Fletcher. Her Hat-a-Porter range costs slightly less than the Lock & Co Couture range – showing signs that Kate is yet again being careful not to appear a spendthrift.
Lock&Co already have the royal seal of approval, making hats for Prince Charles amongst others.
A lovely new photograph has been released ahead of the Royal Tour of Canada and the United States. And is Kate wearing a new suit in it? Don’t be silly! Kate is getting a second wear out of the Amanda Wakeley navy suit she wore on her pre wedding tour of the UK. I think the message is plain and clear – you’ll see Kate’s outfits over and over again, they will have to earn their keep in that Royal wardrobe.
In other Kate fashion news, it seems the only time we will get to see Kate in another glamorous evening gown during the upcoming tour will be at the Bafta event during the American leg. A bit disappointing as the Jenny Packham dress was a real showstopper that wetted the appetite for more evening glamour!
- Kate Middleton – the fashion parade continues. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Kate dazzles at the Derby. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Kate Middleton Fashion Watch: Hats Off to the Duchess! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Kate Middleton Pictures at the Trooping of the Colour With Prince William (popsugar.com)
- Kate and Pippa attend friends wedding – check out the frocks! (fashion-mommy.com)
- Kate wows in Jenny Packham,whilst Pippa is back at the Goring. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Kate Middleton dress coat makes pale interesting – fashion verdict (mirror.co.uk)
- Kate Middleton fashion verdict: Dress coat makes pale interesting (mirror.co.uk)