July is turning out to be an interesting month style wise, not least because it is the month when retro styling is embracing so many different eras. Just flicking through some magazines and trawling websites I was amazed to see celebs wearing a range of great looks that span from the 1950s right up to the 1990s. Have a look through these and see if agree that for July 2011, anything goes.
Not always a fan of her sometimes cartoonish look, but I absolutely adore this 1950s style print sundress. This is so Roman Holiday, and I love the clashing print of her Gucci bag. A fabulous summer look.
1960s- Eva Longoria wearing ASOS
Just look at Eva Longoria looking amazing in this orange shift dress from ASOS. I love the tulip shape and the vibrant orange shade. This could’ve been designed by Pierre Cardin in 1965, such is the retro look. Eva keeps it bang up to date with the enormously high heels.
The 1970s wasn’t just about flares and platforms. Stunning maxi dresses by Ossie Clark, Bill Gibb and Laura Ashley were a wardrobe staple, one which made a welcome return a few years ago and is now as much a part of Summer as ice cream. Poppy shows that a stylish floaty variety can be an amazing look that can take you from day to night simply be changing your shoes!
Madonna looked really amazing in the 1980s. Peroxide hair, crucifixes, leather, boy toy belts – she pushed style boundaries and ruled music and fashion. Kelly Osbourne, the face of ‘Material Girl‘ tones down the elements in her goth glam look, but this still screams Madonna circa 1985.
1990s Daisy Lowe as Madonna
Blonde Ambition was the event of 1990, with the fabulously outlandish outfits designed by Jean Paul Gaultier being a major talking point.Madonna famouly wore a pink conical bra basque, and now Daily Lowe is wearing a dress that suspiciously echoes that famous item of clothing, even in that same shade of salmon. Deja Vu anyone?
- Madonna & Lourdes: ‘Material Girl’ Campaign with Kelly Osbourne! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Kelly Osbournes Hits Up Dolce & Gabbana’s Party, While Sharon’s Jewelry Is Back Home Safe (socialitelife.com)
- Eva Longoria’s Las Vegas Club Closes (omg.yahoo.com)
- Kelly Osbourne Stars in Fall 2011 Material Girl Campaign (shoppingblog.com)
- Why don’t you have a fabulous July? (fashion-mommy.com)
- The 500 by Gucci – Is this the most stylish car ever? (fashion-mommy.com)
- Pavillions embraces vintage (fashion-mommy.com)
- Celebrate ghd’s 10th Birthday with Selfridges (fashion-mommy.com)
- A round up of June’s most fashionable events. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Vintage Ivory Fashions – ELLE Germany’s Golden Twenties Editorial is Glamorously Modern (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)