This month started with a rather dodgy royal wedding in Monaco, but ended with an utterly charming one in Edinburgh. Zara Phillips today wed her rugby star fiance Mike Tindall at the beautiful Canongate Kirk in Scotland, and she looked absolutely amazing.
Zara opted for an off-the-peg dress, rather than a bespoke creation. The dress was by Stewart Parvin, and was a simple yet elegant design of ivory satin and tulle. It featured a concealed corset and had a bell-shaped skirt. She wore this with a neat chignon in her hair and the Meander tiara, with its distintive Greek key design. This tiara belongs to her mother Princess Anne, so may well have been her something old and borrowed. The dress featured a short train, and was teamed with a tulle veil that was attached to her chignon. Zara also wore Jimmy Choo shoes. Overall, it was a fresh and beautiful look that I really loved.
Zara made a stunning royal bride and was accompanied by bridesmaids and maid of honour Dolly Maude, who all wore surprisingly short dresses, also designed by Stewart Parvin. These were also in ivory, which seems to becoming an on-trend colour for bridesmaids this season. I loved the ballet pumps the girls were wearing, and think that Dolly Maude looked really chic in her neat shift with bow waist.
- No Pippa Middleton style upstaging of the bride as Zara Phillips’ Maid of Honour Dolly Maude dutifully plays second-fiddle (mirror.co.uk)
- Zara Phillips Makes a Beautiful Bride in a Veil, Tiara, and Stewart Parvin Gown at Her Own Royal Wedding (popsugar.com)
- Zara Phillips’ wedding dress is ivory silk and satin gown designed by Stewart Parvin (mirror.co.uk)
- Zara Phillips arrives at Canongate Kirk to wed Tindall (elspethlodge.com)
- Zara Phillips wedding: Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince Harry attend pre-wedding party (mirror.co.uk)
- Royal wedding: Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince Harry attend pre-wedding party for Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall (mirror.co.uk)
- Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips to wed in Scotland (cnn.com)
- Zara every inch the beautiful bride (mirror.co.uk)