Rachel Zoe is the über stylist to the stars. Known for turning Nicole Richie from a rather cheap looking madam into a boho glamour puss, and also responsible for the red carpet styling of the likes of Mischa Barton, Kiera Knightley, Cameron Diaz and Anne Hathaway, Zoe has a name that is now synonymous with red carpet glamour.
So it is exciting news that Rachel Zoe is about to launch her first fashion collection in the UK this August. The collection will be exclusively available from Selfridges Oxford Street store, and online at Selfridges.com. The collection will not be available anywhere else in the UK, so this is quite a coup for Selfridges.
So, what is the collection like? Well, as you can expect from the Zoe, this collection firmly has its feet in the 1970s. Gorgeous sequined shift dresses nestle alongside amazing capes that look like they belong to Faye Dunaway circa Network 1976. There are boho inspired maxis and fabulous winter coats trimmed with wool and fur. There is also a nod to the androgynous styles that are a big story for next season, with tuxedos and shirts that show mannish tailoring at its best.
Rachel Zoe comments on the collection, “I wanted androgyny and the powerful woman look. I’ve grown up a lot. I wanted an amazing white tuxedo for under £650 and a cocktail dress for under £300… It’s very Jane Birkin-y, Anjelica Huston-y and Bianca Jagger-y.”
This is an amazing collection, with lots of investment pieces avaialable. Prices range from £165 -£580.
- Rachel Zoe Says “Dressing My Son Is the Highlight of My Day”! (popsugar.com)
- Rachel Zoe Gives a Tour of Baby Skyler’s Fabulous Closet (shoppingblog.com)
- Rachel Zoe Fronts Exude Lipstick Line: Reveals Her Go-To Colors & Makeup Bag Must-Haves (stylelist.com)
- Zoe You Want To Be A Stylista: See Neiman Marcus First (brilliantmagazine.com)
- Rachel Zoe Chats Royal Style and Calls Kate Middleton “Flawless” (popsugar.com)