August already…where does the time go? The final true Summer Month is now upon us, and you may well send some of this month on a beach in a far-flung destination. But here are some more hints and tips for enjoying a truly stylish month.
- Enjoy a Creme de la Mer radiant facial, followed by afternoon tea in Harvey Nichols in the Mailbox. This pamper session will cost £50and will be available throughout August.
- Go see Captain America in order to steal style tips from the super-stylish Hayley Atwell with her incredible 1940s wardrobe. (released 29th July).
- Go see Glamour of the Gods – a selection of wonderful Hollywood portraits dating from the 1930s to the 1960s, which is currently showing at the National Portrait Gallery. Tickets cost £6 and Pre-booking is advisable.
- If Glamour isn’t your thing, then dig out that vintage Black Sabbath t-shirt and get yourself to the ‘Home of Metal’ exhibition that is currently showing at selected museums and venues throughout the Midlands.
- Worship at the altar of the Rock and Roll Cobbler. Terry De Haviland is celebrating 50 years in shoe business with a pop-up exhibition in Selfridges, London. The shoes are amazing – read a review on this site.
- Get yourself a day on the beach – I recommend my favourite beach in Aberdovy – amazing white sand and the Dyfi Donkeys nearby! Perfect for a late Summer’s day.
- Check out some of the most iconic shots in fashion in the book ‘Duffy’ (£45 ACC Editions). This features iconic images of Jean Shrimpton and Brigitte Bardot.
- Buy and devour The September Issues – traditionally the most exciting and important issues in the fashion year. Look out for Kate Moss and her wedding shots, along with a Carrie Bradshaw style wedding shoot in US Vogue – highly anticipated.
- Check out the new Lucy in Disguise store. This August sees the opening of the new Lucy In Disguise store at 48 Lexington Street, London, W1. Go and have a look at the new fashion hotspot.
- Make sure you have your ticket for Style in the City Birmingham, as this is the month you can get an upgrade for the gold ticket – complete with a meet and greet with George Lamb.
- Molton Brown, Bullring are holding a second travel event in store on Saturday 6th August. Customers are offered complimentary hand and arm massages, and the store continues its travel offer, if you spend £40 or more in store you receive a milk cleanse bar set worth £15 absolutely free!
Have a fabulous Month folks!
- Molton Brown serves up summer treats in Brum. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Rachel Zoe launches new collection exclusively at Selfridges. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Balenciaga’s new fragrance to launch exclusively at Harvey Nichols (fashion-mommy.com)
- Pamela Love for TOPSHOP -Get excited now! (fashion-mommy.com)
- Molton Brown Pamper Party Event (sassncurlz.com)
- GLAMOUR OF THE GODS (Living; Art) (thepulsemagazine.onsugar.com)
- Terry Di Haviland – The Rock & Roll Cobbler celebrates 5o years in shoe business. (fashion-mommy.com)