Charles and Camilla visited London areas devastated by the riots, Prince Harry went to Manchester, but today Birmingham got the big guns, the ones we all want to see,when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, aka William and Kate, visited areas affected by the riots last week.
And Kate, as usual, looked amazing. Wearing Alexander McQueen, which seems to have become her design house of choice since the Royal wedding, Kate struck the right chord in looking stylish, but respectful in her dress. Royals rarely wear black, but as a private audience with the families of the three men so tragically killed whilst defending their community was part of the visit, I think she played it just right in an outfit that was beautiful, but understated.
The military style skirt and blouse are from Alexander McQueen’s pre fall collection, and I found the skirt on sale currently online at Harvey Nichols, Matches and Net-a-Porter. The skirt is wool-crepe and costs £580. Kate teamed it with the matching blouse for a look straight from the runway. I could only find the blouse on sale online from Net-a-porter.The blouse is silk-georgette in a military style and costs £795.
I think Kate looks lovely in this outfit. She seems to really enjoy wearing military style pieces, she wore a piece from this collection in June when she visited the regiment of the Irish Guards.
- Prince William & Kate Visit Birmingham After Riots (justjared.buzznet.com)
- See Kate Middleton’s Alexander McQueen Wedding Gown! (popsugar.com)
- The Duchess of Cambridge – Let’s give Kate a break. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Kate wears nautical-inspired dress from Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen (theglobeandmail.com)
- Kate Middleton Stuns In Alexander McQueen During LA Visit (thegloss.com)