Phones are just totally indispensible come Christmas time (I know, anytime really) but at Christmas time they just come into their own. Just this week I’ve used to my phone to plan a birthday party for my little boy. Facebook all the invites, text my best friend to arrange a pre-christmas drink, and ordered a few extra pressies online. Indeed, whatever did we do before we had our phones?
Tesco Mobile currently have some special December offers that make them a great choice for families. This Christmas they are offering families some of the best deals on handsets and tariffs. Most notably the Samsung Galaxy Ace – available for £12.50 a month including 500 free minutes, 5000 texts and 500 MB of data. Or there is the classic BlackBerry Curve 9320 – available on pay as you go for £125.
So why go with Tesco?
- You can control your mobile spending with their capped tariff: This means that family members can’t use any more than their allocated monthly minutes, texts and data and you don’t end up with any nasty surprises on the bill at the end of the month. Perfect if you are buying the phone for a teenager who spends all their time on the phone to the person who lives next door…
- With two or more contracts you get extra perks with the Tesco Mobile Family perks offer – this means you can add all your family handsets onto one single bill and each member can choose from a selection of extra perks each month such as free texts, minutes or data.
- What’s more, if you’re a Tesco Clubcard customer, you’ll get triple points for every £1 you spend at Tesco Mobile, meaning your calls can be buying you that new dress you’ve had your eye on for ages.
More tips to save money
Saving money on your mobile is just one way to look after those pennies this year. Here are a few more tips that I have been personally using throughout the year.
1. Use price comparison websites like Kelkoo before you purchase an item. I saved £13 this way buying Rocky the Robot truck for my little boy, getting it at Boots for £51, when I’d originally seen in on another website for £64. Once you’ve found the best price, go through Quidco to buy your item and you can then get cashback from hundreds of retailers.
2. Look for 3 for 2 offers. Most stores offer these, Laura Ashley, Boots and Debenhams are just some of the stores that have offered these on various products, from Christmas decorations to toiletry sets. The Boots offer has been great this year for buying presents for my sons teachers – he has three of them!
3. Collect your store card points throughout the year. Nectar points, Boots advantage card points and Tesco Clubcard points can be collected throughout the year and then used to buy presents and provisions over the Christmas period.
4. Voucher Code sites are an invaluable way to make a saving on fashion, fragrance and accessories. You can find all sorts of money off codes and codes that offer free post and packaging. It is also worth signing up to email alerts from your favourite retailers, these will let you know about savings, early alerts about sales etc.
5. Shop the sales. This is more a tip for next year, but buy wrapping paper, tags, cards and any additional decorations when the sales start, and then put them somewhere safe for the next year. You will save an absolute fortune.
This post is part of the BritMums #XmasSavingTips Challenge, sponsored by Tesco Mobile.