Friday Fashion – Lovedrobe Stripe Print Bardot Top

June 16th, 2017

There are certain fashion trends that make a comeback after a period in the fashion wilderness, and then decide to stick around. Maxi dresses are one such trend, kimono jackets are another,  and now it seems we must add Bardot tops to the list. They made a reappearance last summer, and show no signs of leaving us, with High Street Stores and online shops full of a range of designs that all have one thing in common, they show our shoulders off to fabulous effect. And this is the major plus point of the Bardot top, because many of us will say we hate our arms, our tummies and our legs, but most of us have no problems with our shoulders.

Lovedrobe has a brilliant range of Bardot tops that show just why this sexy look is one suitable for everyone. Their range comes in sizes 16-30 and shows that this is a style that is as good on a plus size figure as it is on a slimmer physique. Lovedrobe have taken the trend, and have added beautiful flounced sleeves to it, perfect for those who hate their arms. They have also made the tops a little longer, covering up those problem tummy areas and making their tops so good teamed with skinny jeans. Their prints are also unusual and beautiful – in short, this is a range that is a total winner.

The Lovedrobe GB Womens Plus Size Stripe Print Strappy Bardot Blouse With Crochet Cuffs is just one of the beautiful Bardot designs that is making Lovedrobe such an exciting brand this Summer. It combines so many elements, from lace cuffs, to an almost business like blue pinstripe, and the addition of shoulder straps too for those who don’t want to feel too exposed. The pretty floral print raises this up – there are lots of pinstripes around this season, but adding a delicate floral print makes this top feel very feminine and pretty.

The lace cuffs give this a sort of vintage feel, and the elastication around the shoulders is comfortable rather  than tight fitting. The fabric is a silky feeling polyester, so many of these styles of top are in cotton, so this is a nice alternative.

As previously mentioned, the top is cut slightly longer which makes it great with jeans, but I have worn mine tucked into a denim skirt and I think that this works well too.  I picked out the red of the print with my shoes, dead ringers for Swedish Hasbeens, but actually charity shop finds that were originally from Tu. (Less than £5). This season’s choker necklaces also work so well with the Bardot style.

Lovedrobe have a really great range of Bardot tops, you can check out more here.

21 Responses to “Friday Fashion – Lovedrobe Stripe Print Bardot Top”

1. Akamatra says:

That top looks really good on you. I love the fact that it has crochet details! I may crochet some for my own tops!

2. Milton Goh says:

So stylish! You have great taste for picking such a beautiful top! 🙂

3. The Lovedrobe GB Womens Plus Size Stripe Print Strappy Bardot Blouse With Crochet Cuffs is ADORABLE! I would totally wear that myself!

4. Shannon says:

I can honestly say that I’m not at all a fan of off-the-shoulder shirts. I do love maxi dresses though!

5. Not sure it would fit me well but you look great with it! Love this look on you and you can wear it from casual to office ready which is really nice!

6. Amber Myers says:

You look so pretty in this! I really like this top–I’ve always enjoyed stripes.

7. sondra says:

You look great. Love how these tops are in style right now.

8. Tanya says:

That is a really cute top. It would look good dressed up or dressed down.

9. I struggle with off the shoulder tops. I can never find any that stay up. This one looks great because it also comes with straps.

10. Leo T. Ly says:

Your outfit looks perfect for the great weather there. I like the simple outfits.

11. Anosa says:

That is a really nice top. I don’t see many of these around if I am honest. I tend to see the ones withthe shoulders covered then spilt down the arm which I am not a fan of. I would definitely wear a bardot top

12. Caitlin says:

I love that top – super chic… and it’s SO adorable paired with those red shoes!

Caitlin • Blonde Seeking Ambition

13. Amanda Love says:

It’s beautiful and perfect for the summer weather! I really like how stylish it is and it goes well with pretty much anything, from skirts to jeans!

14. Such a cute top. Love the colors. You can dress it up or dress down. Very nice.

15. Nina says:

Yeah this is a trend that I’m not really a fan of. Perhaps it will grow on me like maxi dresses. I used to dislike them and now I love them.

16. JD Obedoza says:

“the ideal of beauty is simplicity and tranquility “

17. Kaitlynn says:

I love that top! it looks great on you. Looks like something you can wear a lot of different ways as well

18. That top is so cute! It looks great on you and is so perfect for the summer. I love it when great trends make a comeback.

Michelle | She’s Not So Basic

19. Great looking top, good pick.

20. I think the top would look stunning and more summery when paired with white bottoms. have you tried it with white bottoms before?

21. Denice says:

Love, love, love the crochet details! You look amazing in that top.

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.