Art Deco Inspired Jewels From Rock My Vintage

July 16th, 2017

Vintage has become a big news story in fashion in recent years, and Rock My Vintage is one of its greatest exponents/ Based in Birmingham’s Custard Factory, the brand stocks a range of items under the vintage umbrella, from true pieces from the past, to faithful reproductions, vintage inspired pieces, and beautiful accessories and jewellery that have that feel of being found in granny’s jewellery box.

For me, when it comes to jewellery, I love the style, shape and colours that are linked to the Art Deco era, which had its heyday in the 1920s. Art Deco was exciting, flamboyant, geometric and super stylish, but due to a resurgence that began in the 1960s and never really ended, true Art Deco pieces are becoming harder to source, not to mention, very, very expensive.

The Green Art Deco necklace and matching drop earrings from Lovett and Co are just one of the jazz age styled items stocked at Rock My Vintage. (You can view their full range here). The necklace is a beautifully delicate piece with diamante stones that reflect so prettily, framing green opal stones that catch the light perfectly. The chain is antique plated brass that is 40cm in length, but can be extended a further 6cm through the adjuster.

These are really versatile pieces of jewellery, that can be worn as a matching set, or styled separately. They can be worn with really dressy outfits, or just to add a touch of retro style or bling to a simple daytime outfit. I love the fact that the pieces are really well made, but are also light and delicate – this made them perfect to pack in a suitcase to take to my brother’s recent wedding in Cyprus. I wore the earrings with my wedding outfit, and. as you can see, they were a perfect match, with the drop being so elegant.

I’ve worn the necklace on a different night out, and, it sits so nicely just below the nape of the neck. The opals look great with a wide range of colours.

Rock My Vintage is definitely worth checking out if you like jewellery of the vintage kind, it has so many lovely pieces that you will be able to wear for years and years.

18 Responses to “Art Deco Inspired Jewels From Rock My Vintage”

1. Rachael says:

The stones in this are so pretty, I like that the green ones have a milky opalesque quality, very nice – my mum would love this might be a good one for her birthday later in the year!

2. Very fashionable jewelry. They are so beautiful and you wear them so well.

3. Samantha Bye says:

These are amazing! My vintage jewellery collection is slowly growing, I can’t get enough of it!

4. Art deco and the 20s are my fav era! Everything is amazing! I really love the design and the color of the jewellery! xx corinne

5. Jenn JG says:

I love the vintage look. These jewels so so great with your skin tone and hair color! You are rocking them!

6. Amber Myers says:

This is so gorgeous! I love vintage stuff. They’re usually the best out there.

7. Sarah Bailey says:

Those are some gorgeous pieces of jewellery, I honestly would have thought it was real vintage art deco pieces from the look.

8. Jessica Taylor says:

I really adore those pieces, especially the color! Such a great accent piece! You can wear it casual, or dressy!

9. I love love LOVE art deco! I am so excited to see the style coming back at the moment.

10. Esse D says:

This set is really pretty. It has a vintage look, but still manages to bring it forward a bit. That’s pretty interesting!

11. Sandy says:

Just beautiful pieces of jewelry! I have always wanted to do that and never had the patience. Amazing job!

12. Milton Goh says:

Those are lovely jewelry pieces. Vintage is so classic! I feel that it is timeless actually! 🙂

13. My daughter would love all of this. She is really into vintage anything. Although she can’t really do the earrings as she has really sensitive ears. But this looks great.

14. Sondra says:

This sounds like a great event, who doesn’t love jewelry. The pieces are very beautiful and your right you can mix and match them.

15. ang says:

Looks like a fun event! That Jewelry looks great on you too! I love a good vintage set.

16. […] Dress Primark Shoes F&F Necklace Rock My Vintage (review here) […]

17. The jewellery looks awesome! What a fun event 🙂

18. Rhewi Montemayor says:

This is absolutely sound like a good event and that jewelry looked so lovely!

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.