Are you looking for more value for money when you shop? Then step this way for hints and tips that can make your money go further.
Is looking stylish all about the money spent on an outfit? Not at all. In fact, it’s possible and quite easy to dress in style while staying frugal. These days people no longer boast about how much they have spent on their wardrobe, rather they wear their bargains and the savings they have made like a badge of honour, proving you really can look good for less.
The same is true when it comes to all our shopping. Budget supermarkets like Lidl and Aldi are busier than ever as people look for value from their shop, and want to make savings that can really help when it comes to budgeting. The same is true of both BM and Home Bargains who offer real savings on home wares and toys.
Here I am showing you five clever ways to save money on your fashion and your general shopping without sacrificing quality and good looks.
- Browse for sales. Gone are the days when one had to travel long distances to shop. Today, the world’s top retailers are available for you at the click of a mouse. Moreover, it’s possible to come across sales that offer up to 70% off at websites selling clothing and footwear by top brands by searching sites like Brand Alley and The Outnet. Sign up to email alerts so you know when sales are about to start, this will avoid you missing out on a bargain.
- Search for coupons and latest deals. When at a store ready to check out, use your smartphone to search for clothing coupons. There are plenty of popular applications for Android and IOS. You can also try Shop It To Me service to get regular notifications of your favourite brand clothing available on sale. Similarly, before you shop check out https://frequent-ads.com/ for the latest deals, both online and instore, this will ensure the price you pay is the best price, and may also alert you to BOGOF offers or flash sales.
- Have a look at Charity Shops and discount shops. As we move towards a more eco friendly form of shopping, don’t forget that charity shops offer really good quality clothes at bargain prices, and do something good for both the planet and charity, stopping used clothes going to refill and supporting a good cause. In addition, discount shops and outlets can offer last seasons clothing items at bargain prices.
- Look for clearance items. Online retailers sell out of season clothes and footwear with great discounts so keep looking for clearance items. Buying winter coats in spring and bikinis when summer is over is totally worth it.
- Sign up for newsletters. Newsletters are a great way of finding out about sales, one day events and discounts on all your favourite products. Most online stores have them and you can also be rewarded for your shopping loyalty with special offers on your birthday, so they are definitely worth a look.
As can be seen, shopping doesn’t always have to mean spending a fortune. Shop cleverly and you will have extra money in your account at the end of each month.