As a staircase is the first thing that a guest sees when they walk into your home, you’ll usually want it to look good and stylish. There are a lot of different ways that your staircase can make a statement, whether it is made out of a unique material, like glass, or you get creative and re-decorate your existing stairs.
There’s no doubt that spiral staircases give your home the ‘wow’ factor. You can get cast iron spiral staircases, metal staircases or even wooden staircases, to match the decor of your home. However, spiral staircases aren’t always ideal for a home with kids, as they aren’t the safest option. You’ll also need to consider the practicality aspect – if you’re going to be regularly moving furniture upstairs, it may be awkward (picture the Friends scene – pivot!)
However, if your children are older and you’re looking to make a statement with your decor, a spiral staircase does look stunning. They can also save space as the opening for them is narrower than a normal staircase.
If your home is quite modern, a glass staircase may be a good option for you. They can give the illusion that your stairs are floating, and they look sophisticated and classy. Glass staircases work well if you have a narrow hallway, as they reflect the light to give the illusion of space. You should pair your glass staircase with crisp white walls to make the area look bright and airy.
How to Re-Decorate Your Existing Staircase
- Lighting is an important aspect of your staircase. If possible, avoid overhead lighting which can create shadows, and go for strips of LED lighting underneath the stairs.
- Use paint and fabric on your risers for a touch of colour.
- If you’re limited on space, try creating a storage space underneath the stairs.
- If you have wooden stairs, refinishing the wood on the staircase could be an option, by sanding it down to show off the natural wood, or painting it with a new stain.
- If you’re on a budget, just adding a patterned runner to your staircase can completely transform the space.
- You could update the handrail or balustrade of your staircase easily, by purchasing from a reliable stair parts manufacturer.
Would you consider installing a spiral or glass staircase in your home? Or would you just revamp your existing stairs?
These are great tips for having beautiful staircases for home.I specially like the ideas of re-decorating the existing staircase.That will sure add more value for the home.