Every woman has a little black dress in their wardrobe. It’s that failsafe item that can be pulled out at a minutes notice to fulfill any social occasion. And now that we are in the midst of the credit crunch, that little black dress may become even more important for all those parties and gatherings we’ve been invited to. All you need to do is add a bit of glitz!
And fashion mommy is about to make life a little bit easier for you. Those lovely people at ‘outfit’ have recently sent me their Christmas accessories guide, and it is filled with glitzy, glam items guaranteed to dress up even the dullest black dress. And with stores such as Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Wallis and Evans all under one roof, you will definitely find something that suits your style and price point. I’ve found some plain black dresses from various stores, just in case you decide to invest in a new wardrobe classic.
This is a beautiful black dress from Wallis, available now for £50. This style is crying out for a bit of bling! Add a stunning brooch from Miss Selfridge (£10), Dorothy Perkins feather detail heels (reduced to £42) and a Miss Selfridge feathered clutch bag and you will be the belle of any ball.
I love the sleeves of this Wallis shift dress. This is already a very pretty dress and could be worn as it is, but I think the high neckline could support an ornate bib style necklace from Miss Selfridge. Keep this dress fashion forward by adding a pair of colour pop red heels from Dorothy Perkins, along with an animal print clutch bag.
This is a great dress from Beth Ditto for Evans. Long and stretchy, it is ultra flattering and very sexy. I would add a stretchy. lace effect belt from Evans to accentuate the waist. Filigree Chandelier earrings and Lace peep toe heels (all from Evans at Outfit) would complete the outfit.
- Introducing NEW plus size fashion site: Style369.com (thecurvyfashionista.mariedenee.com)
- Kelly Osbourne Looked Sexy & Skinny At Fashion Week In (What Else?) A Little Black Dress (shefinds.com)
- Glam Slam: Lauren Conrad’s Go-To Pieces (omg.yahoo.com)
- Emma Watson stuns in black lace dress at Harry Potter premiere (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Cute Ways to Wear A Little Black Dress (typewritesocialite.blogspot.com)
- New Year’s Eve Party Dresses for Every Budget (marieclaire.com)
- How Far Would You Wear Your Black Dress? (viecouture.com)
- Bust a Move in Uniform Project’s Versatile Little Black Dress for October (treehugger.com)
- Kate Middleton: A very English style icon (cnn.com)