While this year’s prom has come and gone, the well-prepared girl is always planning ahead and if you are a plus sizer and want to go short with your look, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we offer a few tips from the pros on how to carry off that short dress look at the prom.
- Dress Length – Whether above or below the knee, the length of your dress should be one that you’re comfortable with. It might be calf-length that suits you best, or just above the knee.
- V-Neck Beats Round Neck – Wearing a V-neck gives you a slightly longer look and there are some stunning designer creations at a designer dress boutique with V-Neck styles. Just how deep you go with your neckline depends entirely on you! The best place to view unique plus size prom dresses is at a designer dress boutique, where you’ll find top designer creations with V-neck at very affordable prices.
- Accessorise – If you don’t want your legs to be the main focus, you can rely on the clever use of accessories; coloured bangles are a great addition. Google Images is a great tool for searching for accessory ideas, you can spend hour after hour viewing colourful additions to your look. Your jewellery and accessories are essential in order to create a balanced look and if you are unsure, why not ask your hair stylist for some advice of accessories for your special night.
- Fit And Flare – A fit and flare style accentuates your best features, rather than the traditional A-Line. This creates a sense of proportion and it is a comfortable style, ideal for the prom or sweet 16. Take your time when looking at designer dresses; somewhere, there is the perfect gown, all you have to do is find it.
- The Right Shoes – Don’t be afraid to throw tradition out the window; high-heels are fine, but it does put a stress on your pins. How about a pair of Greek strap sandals? Or perhaps thick-sole platforms? Make sure you get your shoes a couple of weeks before the main event, as this allows time to wear them in, which isn’t something you want to do on the big occasion. Some girls bring a pair of trainers along, in case the dancing becomes serious, plus of you’re walking around outside at night, high heels are far from ideal.
- Good Use Of Belt – If you wear a belt that is not tight or loose, this enhances your curves without being too constrictive. Regarding thickness, this should be in proportion to your size; browse the designer dress boutique for a selection of designer dresses and select a suitable belt to wear.
- Feel Good About Yourself – It doesn’t really matter what others think, as long as you feel good about yourself. None of us are perfect and being yourself should be your focus.
We hope that the above tips help you to plan the perfect prom look. Plus size girls can also wear short dresses, as we have so eloquently shown.