Started by the British businessperson Tim Stokely in 2016, OnlyFans has now become one of the most popular social media platforms on the internet. The website has more than 30 million registered users. It has more than 450,000 members who publish and sell content.
It is a content-sharing website where users can publish their content and even sell to make money. The aim of this platform is to offer space to the creators to produce and distribute content that is not available elsewhere. It was meant to be a platform for everyone and it truly remains. But one reason why it has become so popular is that, OnlyFans allows the publishing of sexually explicit content. Many believe that the majority of its content is related to sex. This is a major difference from YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Content creators can either provide free or paid content. There is chance to make a lot of money by providing exclusive content here. If you are interested, then you have to know how to make money online by creating content on OnlyFans.
How to Make Money Creating Content
There are four types of content that can be published here. This includes photos, videos, status updates, and direct messages. The most popular ones are the photos and the videos. The content can be distributed either free or for a paid subscription. As a creator, you will decide how much you want to charge for the content. But there are some maximum and minimum restrictions on the platform.
To make money by creating content for OnlyFans, you will first need to have an account. Then you must create the content you want. It can also be live-feed, which means live content. The users must then subscribe to your OnlyFans account by becoming your fan. Then, the people must buy what you are selling. So, to make money here, you have to create content that the users will want to buy. Your best chance of success is by engaging with the fans. Some good content ideas to make money are behind the scene footage, personalized content, sharing exclusive photos and videos, custom audio recordings, and creative cosplay. You can also offer Q&A sessions.
As a creator, you can publish any type of content. It can be recipes, sharing photographs, or teaching the fans something useful. However, sex sells the most because most of the content here is related to adult material. Sometimes it is mildly flirtatious and at other times it is X-rated.
OnlyFans will let you keep 80% of your earning on the network. The remaining 20% is their commission.
- Building your brand – The CEO of OnlyFans disclosed in October 2022 that there were more than 2 million creators on the platform. So, it is clear that there is a lot of competition for those who want to make money. Yes, OnlyFans content creators can be found through third-party websites like onlyselects.com but it may still be tough.
Try to build a brand as this will surely maximize your chance of success. Select a unique brand name that is catchy and easy to remember. The name can also signify the kind of content you want to distribute. Work on your profile and try to make it look interesting. Register and market with the third-party websites so that it gets easier for them to find you.
- Creating interesting content – What kind of content is on OnlyFans? Adult content is the most popular on this social media platform. But that doesn’t mean you can only sell adult content. For example, gym training, yoga, painting, sketching, and photography are all popular here. The Plastic Boy and Swae Lee provided rapping instructions. Duke and Jones raised money here for Covid-19 charities. Family-friendly content can also do very well.
There are so many OnlyFans content ideas. So, you can do anything as long as you do it well. Make sure that your content is high-quality. Invest in good equipment, buy good lighting systems, and edit carefully. Never reuse the same content. And make sure that you learn from the feedback that you get.
- Pricing and promotion – Many creators publish free OnlyFans content. But to make money, you will naturally have to sell it. Make your pricing attractive. Your per-view price should be low in the beginning. You can increase the subscription price later when you become popular on the network. Promote yourself on various social media websites to attract fans. Engage with people and you will be able to build a loyal fan-following.
Staying Safe and Secure
Remember to stay safe always. Never disclose your name, address, email, and phone number. Block inappropriate users and use two-factor authentication. This should help. Visit this link https://onlyfans.com/transparency-center/helping to know about the copyright of your creation and how to protect it.
OnlyFans is booming. It was reported in 2022 that the website has paid $10 billion to its creators since 2016. It is thus clear that there is potential to earn money on the platform. Consider using this website to earn more money. But remember to stay safe and secured.