When soft and comfortable carpets lie in your home, the place seems warmer and more comfortable. However, in order to preserve this sense of comfort and coziness, you should put some efforts to keep the carpet clean. Regular carpet cleaning is a necessity!
First, you need to decide on the choice of carpet when buying it.
- To make it easier to clean, you should buy a carpet that is dirt repellent. Such floor coverings are perfectly protected from dirt. However, finding such a carpet can be difficult.
- When choosing the material of the home carpet it is better to give preference to polyester or nylon, which are sufficiently resistant to stains. Although they are not necessarily dirt repellent, cleaning them is quite simple.
- Light tones of the carpet should not be chosen. The darker the shade, the less dirty it will look.
- Get better quality carpets. A good foundation has added not only comfort, but will extend the life of the carpet.
- Large carpets should be cleaned using professional steam carpet cleaning services.
How to Keep My Carpeted Flooring Clean?
- It is better to walk on carpets without shoes. This will extend their lifespan.
- Deep carpet cleaning is best trusted by professionals and dry cleaners. For daily cleaning, it is better to use a vacuum cleaner. If you want to know what is the best vacuum cleaner for carpet, you can read this guide published on Vacuumcleaners4u.co.uk.
- Do not keep your rugs in the sun for too long.
- Remove stains with care. You should quickly get water in case of a spillage with a white napkin or towel so that she does not creep out a large stain.
What Carpet Cleaning Products to Use?
- For this purpose, it is recommended to mix a special cleaner for upholstered furniture and carpets with water. You can use just a mild action. Such a tool should not have a whitening effect.
- You can try to clean the carpet with a solution of vinegar mixed evenly with water.
- To remove stains from light carpets, ammonia is often dissolved mixed in the amount of a tablespoon of ammonia per cup of water. But for a wool base, the use of ammonia is unacceptable.
- In some cases, a special stain remover is used, for example, for resin.
- After domestic carpet cleaning, the cleaned area is washed off well with water, removing the remnants of the cleaning agent and dried. Otherwise, these areas will become sticky and again quickly attracted dirt there.
How to Vacuum the Carpet the “Right “ Way?
In fact, there is a “right” way of vacuuming, which many people don’t even know about. Carpet fibers are twisted in different directions, if you vacuum only in one direction, your vacuum cleaner will let a lot of dust pass through the carpet between the fibers.
In order for your vacuum cleaner to remove as much dust as possible, you need not only to make movements back and forth, you need to vacuum the carpet fibers from all sides: back, front, left and right. To do this, start by moving back and forth, and then from left to right throughout the room.
If you are trying to tidy up your entire house, be sure to clean the dust bag in the vacuum cleaner before cleaning.
How to Remove Unpleasant Odor from the Carpet?
If your carpets have an unpleasant smell, it can easily be removed with baking soda. All you have to do is sprinkle soda on the surface of the carpet and leave it as long as possible. We recommend leaving overnight for best results. If you think that enough time has passed, vacuum your carpet. You can also use white vinegar to deodorize your carpets. Fill an aerosol can with warm water, and then add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Shake the can well to combine the ingredients. When spraying the solution on the carpets, there may be a faint smell of vinegar, but it will soon disappear.
However, if you want to effectively remove unpleasant odors, you need to use professional carpet cleaning services from time to time. If you have pets, steam carpet cleaning St Albans once on every 3 months will keep the surface clean and free of bacteria. Hot water extraction carpet cleaning is believed to be the safest method for treatment of carpeted flooring, especially when there are pets in the house, as it doesn’t involve the use of harmful detergents.
We strongly believe these tips will help those who have problems with carpet cleaning!