actresses, beauty, Birmingham, celebrities, Charity shops, Duchess of Cambridge, Elizabeth Taylor, fashion, Hair, High street, Kate Middleton, London, MOVIES, shopping, style, The Royal wedding, Vintage
Why don’t you have a fabulous July?
Apologies for this being a few days late, but there have been so many fashionable happenings already in just four days of July, I haven’t found a minute to inform you of all the great events, books, shows and music coming up in July. But, never fear, better late than never, a style guide for July.
- Get your tickets for the most stylish festival of them all. Vintage by Hemingway is moving to London’s South Bank and promises to bring music, fashion and retro happenings. (29th – 31st July)
- Enjoy Malibutique in Birmingham on July 7th – get mini makeovers, manicures, style advice and spray tans courtesy of Malibu. Find more info on their Facebook page. Treatments are on a first come, first served basis.
- Go and see the dress that has spawned a thousand copies. Kate’s wedding dress goes on display at Buckingham Palace this month. (From 23rd July). In the meantime you can enjoy Kate wardrobe watching during her tour of Canada, and get set for another Royal wedding as Zara and Mike tie the knot on the 30th July.
- Clear out the clutter. Oxfam desperately need your donations after it lost thousands of tonnes of clothing in a massive warehouse fire. Do a good dead and sort out all the things you no longer want, wear or that doesn’t fit. Then you have the perfect excuse to hit the sales!
- Go and see the laugh out film of the year – Bridesmaids. Take a trip to the Electric Cinema in Brum and enjoy their scrumptious cupcakes too.
- Support retail independence day on July 4th by visiting a local independent shop. The Celebration of the Independents fashion show takes place in Birmingham on 7th July and will feature independent retailers such as Disordered and Sonique, as well as hair by the fantastic Benjamin Ryan salon.
- Bourjois make-up are holding a special beauty night on 14th July in collaboration with Boots and Grazia. There will be nibbles, drinks and goodie bags for first 50 guests through the door. 10 stores only, check their website for details.
- If you’re a fan of Italian style – you’ll love ‘Masters of Style – celebrating the stories behind Italian fashion’. Featuring Dolce and Gabbana, Gucci and Ferragamo amongst others, this photographic exhibition is taking place at Somerset House this month. (1st July to Aug 14th)
- Get a book about a style icon. I suggest Elizabeth Taylor – Queen of the Silver Screen by Ian Lloyd. Full of never before seen photos. (Published July 1st Andre Deutsch).