Women are constantly trying to hide their blemishes, wrinkles, dark circles, and acne. The importance on the exterior rather than healing from within is a common way of addressing the problem. The beauty industry worth billions of dollars support this method of problem-solving. Natural beauty, these days, means applying natural-looking makeup.
Our skin is the largest organ of the human body. As with every organ, it is affected by internal and external factors. It is possible to heal the skin from within and develop a natural glow. Here are seven quick tips to enhance natural beauty:
- Flush out the toxins –The toxins in our body come from pollution in the air, the food we eat, water that is not purified, bad lifestyle, unhealthy habits, and emotions. It affects various parts of the body including our skin. Skin conditions, rashes, skin damage, and inflammation are a direct result of the accumulation of toxins in the body. The best way to target toxins is to build healthier habits. It includes targeting triggers and making amends to your lifestyle. Detox programs are most effective by giving up unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking, caffeine, refined sugars and saturated fats.
Quick Tip –Consider going on a fast for two days. With only fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and plenty of water, your digestive system will have to opportunity to rejuvenate and restore itself
- Never scrimp on sleep –Beauty sleep is neither a myth nor a vanity exercise. It is an essential element to the efficient functioning of the mind and body. Even one sleepless night stresses the body and the consequences can be visible on the skin. Studies have also shown that women who struggle to sleep well age faster than their counterparts. People should take conscious steps towards getting better sleep. Sleep deprivation is an indication of the pressures on the mind and body. Healthy sleep rituals and power naps can help restore the glow in your skin.
Quick Tip –One of the biggest contributing factors to sleep deprivation is a bad mattress. Finding the most comfortable bed for you is a trial and elimination process that requires ample research. It is, therefore, pertinent to hold off any large investments before you are sure.
- Hydration is your best friend –The average adult human body is 57%-60% water. It is an often neglected essential to our life. With adequate hydration, you slow down the aging process, improve the body’s natural moisturising ability, fight acne, and rid your skin of toxins. It also combats skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema and the appearance of wrinkles. With conscious hydrating habits, you begin to see a change in your skin almost immediately. You will want to hold on to that glow forever.
Quick Tip –Hydration does not mean gulping down gallons of water. It could be done through different ways. Fresh fruit juices, green tea and high-water fruits like watermelons and blueberries can make hydration fun.
- Invest in quality of life –Your skin is constantly facing stressors from the environment. Investing in elements that can calm your mind down is better than investing in makeup to cover up the consequences. Improving your lifestyle is important to improve your skin and it begins with surrounding yourself with things that benefit you. The global beauty industry is worth more than $300 billion. It is an indication of how much more work needs to be done towards exalting natural beauty.
Quick Tip –Find lifestyle brands that are working towards improving quality of life by providing exemplary services to customers. Openness and transparency in operations mean reliability and accountability. Brands like Wovenly rugs are geared towards providing any and all information needed by the customers from area rugs to brand comparisons.
- Move towards an organic lifestyle –The shift towards an organic lifestyle comes after an overwhelming amount of negative information about many products we frequently use. From processed foods to chemicals in our mattresses, we are exposed to unhealthy elements every hour of the day. It is no surprise that our skin is taking a beating, considering the amounts of contaminants we are involuntarily exposed to. Organic products are created the way nature intended and are also compatible with healthy living.
Quick Tip –Organic products don’t necessarily mean only food items. It even extends to our skin care regimen. Removing chemicals from our skin care products is extremely important to prevent long-term damage on the skin.
- Get Moving – Some of you look forward to your daily high-intensity workout while others like the gentle calling of the yoga mat. Be it deep stretches or intense burpees, exercise should be a part of your daily routine. Not only does exercise burn the fatty cells in your body but also it also fuels the efficient operation of the heart, lungs and digestive system. Increased blood flow helps nourish the skin, aids detoxification and builds self-confidence. It also leads to a good night’s rest and reduces emotional stress.
Quick Tip –Exercising the same way every day can suck the motivation right out of you. Change it up every day and you will see that you enjoy your workouts more, get better results and build holistic strength.
- Spend Time on Your Mental Health –One of the biggest drawbacks in the modern way of life is an increase in stress, anxiety, and mental illnesses. The way to achieve natural beauty is to glow from within. Therefore, it is vital to take conscious steps towards good mental health. Regular meditation practice, deep breathing exercises, constantly unloading mental burdens and finding the support within your community is a great way to develop mental health.
Quick Tip –Never be ashamed of needing professional help. It is better to find a cure rather than letting negativity fester and sustain. Reach out to people who are capable of helping you early on and develop healthy habits to deal with emotions better.
A focus on natural beauty is the only way to save your skin from the clogging and toxins you can expect from makeup. It is important to embrace your natural beauty and flaunt your uniqueness for a healthy outlook on life.