Homecoming is only two months away. Have you selected your dress yet?
Within another month, teen girls everywhere will be rushing to boutiques looking to find the ideal Homecoming dress. Traditionally, the Homecoming dance ends the celebration of week-long events. For this reason, dresses are often sparkly and shorter than Prom dresses are in the spring, we know looking at formal dresses can be stressful so consider using some of these tips as you look for your 2016 Homecoming dress:
- Do some research. Know the dress code for your school as in what length is too short and if cut-outs are allowed. Once you know that, you can peruse different styles and colors to see what you like the best.
- Start early so you get first dibs at the best dresses. You can find beautiful homecoming dresses for sale at Prom Dress Shop.
- Choose a dress by your body type. Petite girls can rock out in short, flared dresses because those elongate them and make them look taller. However, remember to check the dress code as most schools require the skirt to be at least 17 inches long. If you have a pear-shaped body, try opting for a gown with lots of beading on the bodice or an edgy one-shoulder gown, which will keep eyes up top and not your unwanted curves.
- Select a Homecoming dress that you’ll feel comfortable in for several hours. Generally, you’ll be mingling and on the dance floor dancing the night away so you want a dress you move around in easily. This is often why teens lean towards the short flared options. If you choose a bandage dress, check that if overs your entire rear end when you’re bent over. Consider choosing a breathable fabric, such as jersey, which is comfortable and skirts your curves easily.
- Pay attention to 2016 Homecoming dress trends. This year, two-piece gowns are still popular. Sherri Hill and Faviana both include several two-piece gowns in their line. Ombre sequins and other sparkling beads really add to details and Homecoming is all about bling. Both Mori Lee Sticks and Stones and Blush carry several sparkly dresses in their 2016 line. Floral splash prints remain trendy as well. I love the Sherri Hill black dress and the A-line Jovani floral dress.
- Come prepared if you buy your dress in-store. This means wearing or bringing the correct undergarments, bra, and shape wear with you so you can consider how a dress lies over your curves. If you’ve purchased them, bring along your preferred shows because this will play into the length of your dress and alterations.
- Get other opinions whether you purchase your dress online or in-store. After you’ve bookmarked a few on your computer, show them to your mom and your best friend. Ask them which styles they prefer. If you try some in store, ask their opinion, on which one flatters your body type the most or highlights your hair color and skin tone the best.
These are only a few important tips to adhere to when shopping for your Homecoming dress. If you try these, you’ll have a shot of becoming Homecoming Queen.