You’re in your teens, and you will begin to notice changes in your body. While most of the changes are positive, there are still a lot of negative adjustments like more pimples and oiliness on your face. You don’t have to worry because you can remedy acne breakouts and prevent pimple scarring with proper skin care regimen.
Here are some tips on how to create a simple skincare routine for teenagers:
Choose Your Products Carefully
Before you start putting anything on your face, you have to understand that not all of the skin guides you find are good for your skin. You need to find out what kind of skin type you have and what kind of products are suitable for it.
Here are the known skin types and what products you should use:
- Use oil-free or non-comedogenic products for oily or acne-prone skin
- Use hydrating or cream cleansers for dry skin
- Use gentle cleansers for sensitive skin
- Use mild and natural products for combination skin
Aside from choosing the right products, you need to be careful that you don’t overdo your skincare routine. If you need to do makeup, you have to make sure that the products are mild and natural, like those from Tony Moly. The Korean company is known for its long-lasting lip tints and gentle formulations. Click here to find the right kind of cosmetic product for your teenage skin.
Aside from buying suitable products, you need to note that you shouldn’t overdo your cosmetics or skincare. A teenager’s skin is still very young, and it has natural healing properties, so the priority is keeping it clean and hydrated.
Daily Morning Routine
It’s essential to take care of your skin before you go out into the sun. The sun’s ultraviolet rays can darken, damage, and age your skin. During your teenage years, you have to own an excellent lightweight sunscreen.
Here are the things you need to do during the daytime, especially when you’re going to school or going out with friends:
- Wash your face with a cleanser designed for your skin type.
- Apply mild toner. A toner can help you balance out the pH level of your skin and prepare it for other products. The toner is particularly helpful if you are planning to put on cosmetics because too much acidity can affect the color of some foundation products.
- Lock in with moisturiser.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen. Even when you won’t have sun exposure, reflected light from glass or windows could still have radiation.
Daily Night Routine
It’s essential to clean your skin thoroughly before going to bed. Sleep has rejuvenating and moisturising properties, so your pores must be completely clean before you hit the sack.
Here are the things you need to do before bedtime to prevent acne breakouts:
- Double cleanse with oil and water cleansers. The oil cleanser removes the dirt and makeup from your skin, and the water cleanser finishes up the job. It’s vital to do double cleansing at night to make sure that your face is spotless, and it’s also crucial that you apply the products in the right order.
- Apply mild toner. The toner will balance out your pH level and help prepare your skin for any anti-acne products you might apply at night.
- Do mild exfoliation once a week. Exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells to make way for new healthy cells to take over. Make sure that you only do exfoliation once a week because your skin will get damaged if you don’t give it time to heal.
- Treat your acne breakouts. You have to apply the product on your acne before you go to bed. There are beta hydroxy acids or alpha hydroxy acids products that are good for fighting pimples. You need to consult a dermatologist on what you should use on your young skin.
- Lock in with moisturiser. The most important part is maintaining hydration on your face so you should use a safe moisturiser that’s
Your teenage skin doesn’t need a lot of products, but it still needs care. Make sure that you use the right products, and you choose them based on your skin type. If you have special skin needs like flaky or red patches that need treating, you can ask your dermatologist to recommend products you can use on top of the ones you already have.