If you are a modern girl who still likes to stick with tradition sometimes, the up-and-coming homecoming is the perfect time to show off a ballgown or an A-Line style number. Some girls will be wearing modern attire, while others will be coming with an Art Deco look. You can stun them all by opting for a very traditional ballgown, complete with long gloves and diamond jewellery. This is a golden opportunity to meet old school friends who moved away and see how their lives have unfolded.
Here are some formal dress styles to consider for your homecoming:
- Corset Waist Gown – This could be below knee or floor length, plus the corset ensures you have a great figure. Start with a Google search to find a designer dress boutique, then you can view many fine examples from a wide range of well-known designers. The online boutique offers dresses at affordable prices, as they have no retail premises, which saves a lot.
- Traditional Floor-Length Ballgown – If you want to turn heads, choose one of the stunning simple long homecoming dresses you can view at the online designer dress boutique. Flowers are perfect accessories for a simplistic and rustic look, while pearls are another great addition.
- A-Line – A dress that flares from above the waist, which is perfect for a very formal event. A dark shade might suit your skin tone. If you have a tanned complexion, white or cream works for any formal event. Make sure that you leave enough time to have the dress altered slightly; this is perfectly normal when acquiring a gown, which will need a nip here and a tuck there.
- Fitted Dress – A long gown that clings to the body, the fitted dress is ideal if you have an enviable hourglass figure. Top designers such as Jovani and Sherri Hill offer the best of their collection, with a full range of colours and sizes, at prices that ordinary people can afford. Take accurate personal measurements to make sure that you choose the right dress size and if you are in between sizes, always choose the next size up, rather than down. When the gown arrives, take it to a local dressmaker, who can make some small alterations for a perfect fit.
- Mermaid Dress – There’s nothing like a mermaid style dress for a formal occasion; indeed, many royals have worn such a gown. Perhaps you can borrow some of mom’s diamond jewellery collection and really wow your friends! Mom might even help you with the cost of a designer dress, which you can wear on numerous occasions. Check out the online designer dress boutique for the best selection of top-notch gowns.
The homecoming is such an interesting gathering, as you get to meet those you haven’t seen for years. It is often the case that people have turned out very different to how we imagined. We are all unique and fate can often lend a hand to completely change our direction in life.