Summer is always a time when we want to add new additions to our wardrobes, particularly if we are taking a Summer holiday somewhere nice and hot. Charity Shops and the Vinted marketplace prove that you do not need to spend a fortune on a new wardrobe, whatever the occasion or the season, but that you can pick up affordable bargains that can be blended into pieces you already have in your wardrobe.
Summer is also a great time to pick up pieces that you can wear in Autumn, planning ahead in order to get ahead. Of course, as July proved, you may already be wearing these pieces as the height of Summer has proven to be pretty awful so far, weather wise.
What to look for?
- Look for decent quality labels that are in decent condition – you know that these will wash and wear.
- Look for things that are new with tags, many people buy things and change their mind about them – one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.
- Vintage labels – Berketex, vintage Laura Ashley and M&S St Michael’s label can all be found in charity shops so much cheaper than you will find them in actual vintage shops and fayres.
- Look for things you missed first time around – this is particularly true for Vinted where you can have saved searches of things you are looking for.
- Designer labels at discount prices. You can often find designer items in charity shops, but you need to look at these closely, particularly when it comes to handbags. Look at all the labels and hard wear to ensure that you have the real thing, and not a holiday resort fake.
- Look for things out of season. The best time to buy a great coat, or a Christmas party dress on Vinted or eBay is during the Summer, when everyone else is enjoying their Summer holiday and the sunshine.
- Remember, charity shops often have sale rails too, and these are definitely worth a good look at in order to get a real bargain.
Here are some of the most recent things I have picked up, or seen, in Charity shops this Summer.
Next top £3 Cancer Research Walsall
Joules Cami £3 Cancer Research Walsall
Phase Eight top £2, vintage skirt £3 Compton Care
Scarf £2 Cuan Wildlife Rescue Charity Shop, Much Wenlock
Antik Batik Top £3 Cuan Wildlife Rescue Charity Shop, Much Wenlock
Dorothy Perkins Dress £4 Salvation Army Cannock
Joseph Ribkoff top £3 Salvation Army Cannock
DKNY dress £8 BHF Cannock
Vintage Skirt, £3 Acorns Wednesbury
Unlabelled Dress £5 Acorns Bloxwich
Vintage 1980’s floral dress £4 Acorns Wednesbury
French Connection Dress £6.99 Barnado’s Hednesford, Matalan kimono jacket £3.99 Help the Aged Hednesford
Esprit Top £6 British Red Cross Weymouth
Peacocks Kimono Jacket £3 Salvation Army Shop, Cannock
Agatha Christie editions, £2 each BHF West Bromwich
Vintage, Art Deco style cabinet, £20 Shelter, West Bromwich
1980’s chambrey style dress £3 Air Ambulance, West Bromwich
Monsoon top £2.99 PDSA Stafford
Toms Acorns Wednesbury
Star Bag Acorns Wednesbury
Oliver Bonas Skirt £6 Vinted, that Joseph Ribkoff top, and a fake Chanel brooch £12 vintage shop
Vintage Damart 1970’s skirt £4 Acorns Wednesbury
ASOS top £3.50 Acorns Wednesbury, Zara straw bag £8 Vinted.
Find more of my Vinted and Charity Shop finds on my instagram account https://www.instagram.com/fashionmommywm/