If I was to list my current passions it would read something like this:-
- My family – natch! Even though there are days when I could happily make them disappear Kevin McAllister style.
- Olivier Giroud. He’s still my ultimate man crush, even in a Chelsea Shirt. Hubba Hubba indeed!
- Pink Gin and tonic – absolutely my new favourite tipple, it tastes like Summer, even though that feels a long way off.
- The Long Run – new TV programme starring the amazing Idris Elba that makes me chuckle.
- Stationery from The Old English Company which is totally divine.
The Old English Company produce some of the most beautiful, and personal pieces of stationery that basically sings to a stationery addict like me. Their range is made up of exquisite hand lettered goods that are proudly made in England. I love this comment, which I think sums up the uniqueness of their products:-
The art is in the simplicity of our designs. Following no particular calligraphy rules, all of our products are uniquely hand lettered to create stylish, uncomplicated designs with messages that resonate with people.
The calligraphy of the design follows no rules, this means it can range from the cartoonish and modern, to bold and beautiful. It can resemble those magnetic letters that are used by kiddies learning to spell, and also the cool and trendy as impromptu fridge magnets. The monochromatic designs are both stark and stylish. And whilst it is the stationery that initially caught my eye, stationery is not the whole story, not by a long shot.
There are mugs emblazoned with Papa (fab for Father’s Day maybe), and patches that could decorate a cool rucksack (I love ‘She believed She could so she did’ – a fabulous mantra in the sad days of ‘me too.’). I love the prints, that are full of positive, affirmative messages ( I adore the ‘Throw kindness around like confetti’ one.) and the cute enamel pins that give the impression of old school prefect badges.
To celebrate World Stationery Day, The Old English Company has a competition running where you can currently win a complete set of their latest must have product, the planners featured below. To win, simply follow the link here to find entry details.