Choosing the right colour for your skin tone and individual style are important for pulling off a great look for prom. It really comes down to what fits you best and what shade you ultimately feel most comfortable in.
To get an idea of the variety of shades in the market, check the dresses at Peaches Boutique. There you will find a mixture of styles that come in various colours, so when you find one you love, you can try it out in a different shade!
Once you have done your research and discovered somewhere that supplies the dress you want, it’s time to decide on the colour! Ideally, you want to slip into a dress and know instantly it is the right shade for you.
Peaches Boutique is now a renowned supplier of exquisite prom dresses with designer and couture ranges. There has been much growth happening for the popular prom dress seller, and you can find out more about their humble beginnings by clicking the link.
This article will discuss some great tips for getting to know what colour works on you perfectly.
First, it’s best to consider your skins undertones.
We all have a different undertone below the surface of our main skin tone. This is the shade we want to ensure the potential prom dress matches with. The skin undertones can be split up into three main groups which are:
- Cool (reddish undertones)
- Warm (peachy or gold undertones)
- Neutral (a combination of both)
Now, you have determined your skins undertone it’s time to choose the best shade for you! It is widely accepted that warm undertones tend to suit red, orange, yellow and cream dresses. If you are cool then blues, deeper greens and purples will look like they were made for you. Alternatively, if you are a combination of the two then you have some flexibility to alternate between the two.
That being said, let’s check out some of the best colour gowns in for 2016:
- White/neutral shades: white is no longer the typical wedding dress colour (well not for prom at least). For 2016 white prom dresses have been popular for the more bohemian and free-flowing look. It’s simple and it’s chic!
- Bold reds: red prom dresses have always been a head-turner and are definitely one of the most stand-out colours. If you want to create an impact and embrace your sexy side, then a red prom dress will help!
- Gold/silver/black combinations: this timeless, yet elegant colour combination is beautiful for two-pieces which are really big this year. Not only that but for A-line and mermaid gowns this seems to be a really great choice for a glamorous prom look.
Those are the tips I can suggest to you. Take note of these tips whenever you’re searching for a prom dress so you can be certain that you’ll be wearing a dress that looks great on you.