5 Fashion accessories to invest in for great postpartum style
There’s no question about it. A woman’s body goes through many changes during and after pregnancy. Some of the changes may be permanent. For example, some women are never able to back to their previous foot size before they get pregnant. Also, while there are products that can help make stretch marks look lighter, these battle scars will always be there as a reminder of what a woman had to go through to bring forth a human being into the world.
But just because a woman’s body has changed does not mean that they should stop being fashionable. While it is tempting to be in t-shirts and sweats every day, there are small fashion items they can add to their usual getup to make them look more appealing. Here are some of the accessories they can add to their shopping list to make them look and feel good.
- Nursing tops – especially for moms who are breastfeeding their children, nursing tops are a must. These make so much more convenient to feed their kids anywhere they are instead of looking for breastfeeding areas or just a secluded area for a little privacy. IN the past, nursing tops were quite basic in their design and can be quite expensive. But now, there are stores that sell them for an affordable price and they also offer wide of range of stylish designs that moms can choose from.
- Stylish flats – moms may need to lay off wearing heels for a little more after they give birth, especially if they are carrying their children a lot of time. They can invest in a good pair of flay shoes or even boots. Mothers just need to make sure that comfort should be their number one priority instead of style. They also need to make sure that they are getting the right size as some women tend to go back to their original shoe size after giving birth.
- Jewellery – it might not be something necessary, but mothers also need to pamper themselves once in awhile. Wearing a nice pair of earrings can bring joy to some women. Some mothers also invest in teething necklaces that are safe for children. There are many types that are available in the market, in different color and styles to they will have plenty to choose from.
- Scarf – another thing that may not be necessary but it can create a big difference to one’s outfit. It can bring a pop of color to an otherwise monochromatic outfit. It can even function as a nursing cover if a mother does not want to wear a nursing top anymore.
- Girdle – giving birth takes its toll on a woman’s body. Whether they went through a normal delivery or C-section, a woman’s tummy becomes sensitive after birth. That’s why it’s good to invest in a girdle as it provides not only comfort but support for the sensitive area as well. There are so many girdles on the market, so to help new mothers, here’s a list of the top girdles after pregnancy or C-section to help them make their choice.