Nobody wants to look drab. That is why fashion is a multi-billion dollar industry. One of the things we do not consider though, is that there are fashion items that may pose a health risk to you. Whenever you make your choices in the world of fashion, it is important that you look at them in light of health as well – your current health and future health as well. Here are a few fashion items that you should definitely reconsider:
- Tight bras – Some women wear bras that are just too tight. Unfortunately, wearing a bra that does not fit you right exposes you to several different health risks and complications. These include pain in the breasts, blood circulation that is poor and even back pain that is caused by poor posture.
- Control pants – These seem to be a brilliant buy for woman who hate their stomach area. Unfortunately, these pose a danger to breathing, digestive system and even heart due to the pressure exerted. If you do wear these, make sure they are comfortable and not too tight.
- High heels – High End fashion seems incomplete without a pair of high heels to complete an outfit. These may look good but they put all your weight on the joints. Unfortunately in your latter years you may suffer back pain and arthritis as a result. You can take care of your back and joints by wearing reasonable heels instead of the kind that have you teetering on your toes.
- Heavy bags – Most women love a good handbag and if it can carry all your stuff in it, the better. Unfortunately, some of these handbags can become very heavy as women throw all their junk in them and then tote them around all day as they visit friends and go to work. Heavy handbags can lead to serious pain of the shoulder, neck and back. Make sure to only carry the things you need for that particular time out and no more
- Skinny Jeans – Depending on how tight you like them; skinny jeans can actually be a problem. The challenge comes when they compress your nerves leading to numbness. There is also a link between tight skinny jeans and thrush due to lack of air circulation and in men, infertility may become a problem.
- Piercings – It is now common for people to have various parts of their bodies pierced. Unfortunately, piercings expose you to the risk of infection. It is possible to have the particular pierced area swell and also bleed. Some people may develop itching and develop allergies from the kind of jewelry they where depending on the materials they are made from. Heavy, dangling earrings are especially prone to causing itching and allergy.
- Flip flops – These are well loved because of how comfy they are. It is important to only where them when you are out at the beach or such a place because they can potentially cause shin splints and joint pain.