Every so often, a new design concept just comes along to make you smile. 90:10, a brand new name in mens clothing, does just that. 90:10 is a new and exciting brand for men. The 90:10 name comes from the mantra of the company, that men can be 90% Grown up, but with the other 10% remaining a kid at heart – something I think most men (particularly the ones in my life) would totally identify with.
The company is the brainchild of Dan Glatman, who wanted to create designs that were not aimed at teenagers, but instead at grown men who still know how to have a good time and not take themselves too seriously, even when life is serious and tough. Dan explains ‘…we all have responsibilities, but I don’t accept that just because I am no longer a teenager, or in my early 20’s, I have lost the ability to have fun or have forgotten how to enjoy myself…quite the contrary! This is what a guy is expressing about himself if he wears 90:10..For the lion’s share of the time, we all have to take life seriously but not all the time!’
The brand is concerned with casual day wear, hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts and polo tops, and is currently a capsule collection, but one that is being added to and built upon. I was sent one of the signature pieces from the range – the 90:10 Signature hooded top in Azur blue and have to say I was impressed by the quality and style of the product.
90:10 “Signature” Embroidered Pullover Hoodie £42 (including free delivery). Click to visit 90:10
This is a great hoodie. The cotton is pure organic, and the feel is that this is something you could easily wear every day – not to bulky, so easy enough to wear a denim jacket over the top. The hood is double layered, so it does have the element of warmth you may need if you are stranded outdoors and the weather turns cool.
Drawstring detail on the neck.
I like the elements of cool that make this such a great top. The logo is tasteful, big enough to please those who love their labels, but not ostentatious. The drawstrings give this a slight 80s casual look (this wouldn’t look out of place on Danny Dyer in The Business – one of my fave style films.), and the vibrant colour keeps this theme going. For those who love pockets, the deep fronted pockets are an absolute bonus.
90:10 is a concept with great products that would be an idea if you are looking for Christmas gifts this year.
Here are a few more products from this new brand.
90:10 Zip Up Style Hoodie with Embroidered Signature Logo £42 click to visit 90:10
90:10 Raglan Sleeve Sweatshirt with Embroidered Signature Logo
£40.00 Click to visit 90:10
90:10 Classic Embroidered T- shirt with Signature Logo
£18.00 click to visit 90:10
To view all products, click here.