It’s here – the biggest month on the Fashion Calender has officially started, and to help you make sure that month goes with a bang, Fashion-Mommy has put together a list of the most happening events occurring in Fashion this month. So clear your diary to make space for a most enjoyable month.
- The best fashion event in Birmingham‘s very busy calendar is almost here. Style Birmingham Live is taking place from the 25th- 27th September, with a whole host of fashion shows, make-overs and events occurring at destinations all over the city. With George Lamb has presenter and with Caryn Franklin, Arianne Poole and Royston Blythe as attractions in Pavillions, this is sure to be a fantastic event. If you haven’t already got your tickets, snap some up quickly! (Style Birmingham LIVE 2011 tickets are £10, Gold VIP tickets are £30 – Book yours NOW at The Ticket Factory or at the THSH Box Office www.thsh.co.uk (Booking fees and postage charges apply). Tickets can be booked in person from the ICC Box Office, Centenary Square, Birmingham without a booking fee.)
- September 8th sees the return of Vogue’s Fashion Night Out. There will be events all over London, but if you are in Birmingham the hot ticket is the amazing new season’s launch fashion show at Harvey Nichols in the Mailbox. Get set for some amazing fashion from key designers including Gucci and Alexander McQueen. There will be a second show on Friday 9th. Both evenings kick off at 6.30pm and tickets for Thursday September 8 and Friday September 9 cost £15, which is redeemable against purchases made on the night. Tickets are available from the store’s Personal Shopping department on 0121 616 6008.
- Check out a couple of amazing exhibitions this month. The V&A is hosting Postmodernism: Style & Subversion 1970-1990 (art. music,fashion) from September 24th. The work of the late Corinne Day is celebrated at the Gimpel Fils Gallery. This is a must see exhibition of the controversial photographers early work for The Face, featuring arresting images of a young Kate Moss. (From September 1st).
- There are a couple of fantastic fashion books out this month. Patrick Lichfield – Perceptions features some amazing pictures of royalty and celebs from the Queen’s cousin. (Quadrille £30), whilst there is a new book about the immortal Coco in the new book ‘Intimate Chanel by Isabelle Fiemeyer(Out September 5th).
- If you fancy yourself as a bit of a designer on the quiet, you could have a go at designing and making your own underwear. Vintage Amours Lingerie workshop takes place on `7th September in London. I think this sounds amazing fun!(Acava, London W1).
- September 13th sees the grand opening of the latest Westfield shopping centre with the launch of Westfield Stratford..right on the doorstep of the Olympic Village!
- Get set for London Fashion Week and Weekend 16th – 20th September. Always a totally exciting and vibrant week in the fashion calendar, and more important than ever now London has been proclaimed the most important city in Fashion! Enjoy!
- Treat yourself to a bottle of Prada ‘Candy’. I frankly have no idea what it smells like, but the Art Deco style bottle is so gorgeous, who really cares!
- Have a fabulous month fashionista’s everywhere!
- Benefit launching new beauty bar in Harvey Nichols,Birmingham. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Kate comes to Birmingham..and again wears McQueen. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Caryn Franklin is bringing her How to look Good show to Pavillions. (fashion-mommy.com)
- Have You Got Your Tickets to the Next fabulous Event? (fabulouscollections.wordpress.com)